Friday 7 October 2011

First bout of actual morning sickness today.

And it's left me feeling pretty weak and completely devoid of energy :( I had to take the day off work which wasn't great but there was no way I was going to be able to sit in the office, feeling the way I am.

But Michael picked up those sea sickness bands for me, because he's lovely like that, and I think they're starting to work. Which is good for me, since I'm supposed to be training on a whole-day bus tour tomorrow! At least as a member of staff I get to sit in the jump-seat, so that I can see straight out the front window.

I am getting more and more excited about the scan though, and while I know I'm not supposed to be looking at baby clothes yet... Look how cute these are!!


WANT WANT WANT!

I cannot wait til we can start buying this stuff, I'm going to be an expectant-mummy-zilla :)

My mum's going to a psychic night this evening and she's hoping that her dad, my grandpa, will 'come through'. I don't know how much I believe in all that stuff, but I do like to think that Grandpa's watching over us all, and now, our baby. It gives me a sense of security that may well be silly, but gives me comfort nonetheless.

I'm getting to tell my brother and sister tonight, which I'm looking forward to. They are 12 and 10 respectively, so still very young to be auntie and uncle, but hopefully the response will be a good one. My brother, Callum, absolutely loves babies, so I think he'll really be excited at the prospect of being an uncle, and my sister Eva is very laid back so she'll probably just be nonplussed. We're hoping as well that the thought of becoming an uncle might calm Callum down, as he's had some trouble with school recently. Me and his mum (my stepmum Mandy) are hoping it might give him some responsibility.

Hopefully when I next report, my siblings will know, and this sickness will have calmed a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment